Tuesday, March 10, 2009

International Women’s Day


International Women’s Day was celebrated by U.N.I. I.L.C. Women Wing at
Mumbai, Talmar Hall on 07-03-2009 at 4.00 pm. Sister Anjali Bedekar U.N.I.
APRO, Women’s President was on the Chair. Inaugural Speech was given by
Brother Christopher NG Regional Secretary, U.N.I. A.P.R.O., Singapore,
Sister Alice Chang was the Chief Guest.

The function was attended by Shri T.N. Rahate General Secretary, N.U.P.E.
P-IV and Sister Sunetra Sarang Circle Secretary, Administration Union,
Maharashtra Circle attended and addressed the gathering. Women Postal
Employees participated in large number.

U.N.I., Asia & Pacific, India Liaison Council Meeting

The U.N.I., India Liaison Council Meeting of 2008-09 was held at
Mumbai Y.W.C.A. International Centre on 8th March, 2009. Shri Milind Nadkarni
U.N.I. I.L.C. President was on the Chair. Shri Philip Bowyer Dy. General Secretary,
U.N.I. Nyon, Brother Christopher NG Regional Secretary, Sister Alice Chang
Director U.N.I. APRO, Commerce were also present.

Shri Shakeel Ahmed Burney President, F.N.P.O. and T.N. Rahate General
Secretary, N.U.P.E. Postmen & Group ‘D’ participated on behalf of F.N.P.O.

Brief report on the activities was discussed.

Shri D. Theagarajan Secretary General, F.N.P.O and T.N. Rahate were
elected Deputy President and Vice President of U.N.I. I.L.C.respectively.